Thursday, April 2, 2009

March camping

Finally getting around to posting about our camping trip. I did NOT want to come home! It was gorgeous at the lake! Naturally, it took Jer forever to get the camper perfectly level. We were out on a peninsula. The lake was way up. Parts of roads were under water.
Kailee got into the water pretty quick! One can NOT keep that girl away from water. She was the only dog playing in it.
There were so many windsurfers! It was fun to watch. A few boats & even a couple jet skis. Some people were in the water but all I could manage was up to my ankles. That water was COLD!
Kookie went out more than KaliKo did! Kal was afraid of all the sea gulls. Didn't like the noises they made. We were certainly surprised at her staying inside!
It would get rather windy in the afternoons but oh, it felt sooo good! And naturally, all the left over buns ended up out in the lake for the ducks & birds. In fact, last time we camped at the lake, I was throwing bread in & fish were eating it. Told Jer he was using the wrong bait. Guess what his bait was when he caught his one fish. ROFL! Yup! A hunk of bread! The fish like it as much as the ducks & sea gulls do!
Good thing I tool plenty of ibuprofen along!!! OY VAY! That climbing/walking up & down hills to get to the water....these poor old legs can't handle that so easy any more. Talk about aching! Naturally, Kai followed me everywhere.
Speaking of....I sleep in the double bed in the 'bedroom' & Jer uses the bunk bed above the cab. I may have to sleep up there with him next time! Kai was fine the first night. She stayed on her own side, covered in her blanket. Though she dreams a LOT every night. Its a wonder the whole camper isn't bouncing around while she's "chasing" whatever. But the second night...she was on the bed first & would NOT move over! She was on top of MY covers. Laying on my side with my knees curled a bit, my butt was sticking out of the covers! Holy moly! Turn the other way & it was my knees sticking out!
Jer got from KaliKo & Kookie what I was this winter. Kal went inside his sleeping bag & laid against his legs while Kook laid on top of the bag on the other side of his legs. He said it was impossible to move! Ya, I know! Though it was usually Kook inside with me & Kal outside. I'm hoping Korkee will prefer the floor.
I forgot 1/2 the stuff I was gonna write about! Darn! Will have to try to keep this up much better. But after 3 days of bliss, we came home to 2 days rush, cleaning up again. That's always a bummer...cleaning up & unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment