Jer drives his semi over to Blythe, CA every night to exchange trailers with the LA driver. Jer takes his lunch break there. After he eats, he walks. There's a park not far from the UPS center there & he likes to walk in the park.
Well, he made a friend who's been living in or by the park for at least quite a while! He's been feeding her hot dogs & hamburgers & some dog treats & she now gets so excited when she sees him! She runs up to him, jumps on him & gives him kisses!
Tomorrow (Sat.), we're going over to Blythe to bring her home! And I can hardly wait to meet her!!! Her name is Korkee. Jer was calling her Parky because she lives in the park.....but....well, you know. LOLOL!
He came home from work Mon. night & told me about her. That's when he said he had a hard time leaving her at the park & wanted to bring her home. Said we'd have to drive to Blythe to get her....& its closer than WI! At first I didn't get it, but then *DING*! I'd driven to WI to get Kailee! LOLOL! He's right, Blythe is a lot closer!
She has an appt. with the their Dr. on Thurs.; earliest we could get her in! She gets a bath here first thing! Jer said she's dirty & matted.
We probably won't see much of KaliKo for a while. She does NOT like other animals! And I'm sure Korkee will learn real quick to avoid Kookie's paw. LOL!
Jer says she's a mid-size dog. He THINKS she's a grayish color. I'll let you know after her bath. ROFL! Got my fingers crossed she's not a big shedder! And Jer's wondering how he's going to walk 2 of them!
I'll send some before & after pix of her!
I'm so excited I could burst!!!
We've never done anything like this before, but I'm sure we'll all learn as we go along. And Dr. Hatch will help all he can. He's a real animal lover.
Well, I'll let ya know later tomorrow what all happens!
OMG, I can't wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How exciting. I'm anxious to see the pics of the new dogger! I think you all should name him Parker lol..
ReplyDeleteCongrats mom and pops!! Your new fur baby doesn't know it yet but he's getting the best parents in the world!!